My Favourite Decor Books

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Tasty treats for the holidays

This is an old recipe of mine for Macaroons, they are not the same as the delicious iconic Macaroons from the very famous Laduree, but they are equally delicious and slightly chewy...




Recipe:

200g Ground almonds
250g sugar
2ml vanilla essence
2 egg whites
Water for brushing
Whole almonds for decoration

Mix the almonds, sugar and essence together.  Beat the egg whites until soft peaks.  Mix with the almond mixture until thoroughy blended.  You should be able to make small balls and place on a  tray lined with baking parchment.  Flatten the macaroons slightly and place a whole almond in the middle.  Brush with water.  Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes until golden.

I think a good expresso would go down well with these -enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit and for this recipe, I LOVE Macaroons! Happy New Year to you! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'll be including in my grocery order tomorrow. :)
    It's still the holiday season and I have quite a sweet tooth!
    Hugs Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message