My Favourite Decor Books

Friday 4 November 2011

Colour me beautiful!

If I had to choose only one colour it would have to be grey for it's simplicity, sophistication and calming affect, and my rooms might look like this:

a lovely velvet sofa....



and I'd love a corner with that weathered wall....

and make my daily caffeine fix....

curl up in this bed....



and have an ensuite like this.....I would love it.....

BUT .....

NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY AND LIVE WITH MONOCHROME....

I LOVE COLOUR TOO MUCH!!!!






and this is just one of them...

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! I start with a white palette but, somehow I always end up with pops of color. I slip in soft buttery yellows and jewel toned colors like ruby and amethyst. Then I must have my sea greens and blues. At Christmas I feel completely justified filling every nook and cranny with bright red. Ah heck, I guess a white or grey palette will never be for me! I love the bathtub in your last photo - I have one in my new bathroom and it's my favorite thing in the cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your home would be gorgeous if it was all in grey. Grey is such an elegant color!
    Turquoise is very beautiful, too, though.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog !! enjoy a happy weekend.......beautiful all the grey......x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message