My Favourite Decor Books

Wednesday 30 November 2011

National Portrait Gallery

As a lover of paintings, the National Portrait Gallery send me regular updates on what is showing.... for all those of you interested in LUCIEN FREUD'S PAINTINGS - there is an exhibit planned for 9 February to 27 May 2012.


Freud's paintings are often brutal and raw, with exquisite brushwork.

Quote below from the NPG website:

Lucian Freud (1922 – 2011) was one of the most important and influential artists of his generation. Paintings of people were central to his work and this major exhibition, spanning over seventy years, is the first to focus on his portraiture.
Produced in close collaboration with the late Lucian Freud, the exhibition concentrates on particular periods and groups of sitters which illustrate Freud's stylistic development and technical virtuosity. Insightful paintings of the artist's lovers, friends and family, referred to by the artist as the 'people in my life', will demonstrate the psychological drama and unrelenting observational intensity of his work.
Featuring over 100 works from museums and private collections throughout the world, some of which have never been seen before, this is an unmissable opportunity to experience the work of one of the world's greatest artists.


Have a great day! 
(it's raining in good old England, but I LOVE THE RAIN!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Freud's paintings are certainly challenging but I wouldn't miss the exhibition for anything... xv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucien Freud looks to be a fabulous artist.
    I'm glad you like the rain, Sharon, because I really quite dislike it. :) But, it's snowing now and I LOVE THE SNOW!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy, to me if it rains I feel at least the weather is 'doing' something, other than just being overcast which is how England is in winter! I also LOVE the snow and secretly hope it will snow this Christmas! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message