My Favourite Decor Books

Saturday 14 July 2012

Weekend contemplation

It's weekend and I have an empty house - which is most unusual!

With three children, two of whom still live with us, our home is usually like a train station, with their friends popping by for a visit, an overnight stay or an impromptu meal.  There is never a dull moment and I love it!


But right now, it's just hubby and I, and the quietness is like a visitor itself.



A cycle ride down to our local food market and getting in the much needed exercise is what is on the cards.



These times are so precious because
we get to do exactly what we want to do without having to play taxi and cook dinner!
Weekends like this are just for spoiling ourselves.  A leisurely lunch spent people watching, a casual walk, hand in hand, and browsing the food market for homebaked goodies....

A dear friend is going through a dilemma, her oldest daughter is leaving home to work quite far away.  What shall I do with my time she asks...I miss her already...

It's a reminder that our children will eventually move out, and get a life...
which is exactly what they should be doing.

All the more reason 
to spend time with your loved one,
the one who was there...


before 'they' came along



We need to live our lives alongside our children...not through them.

And not lose our identity along the glorious pathway of childrearing.

To all of you out there...


Have a beautiful weekend
Sharon
xxx





2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon ,
    My son is 13 years old, and I'm already worried how it will be a few years, when he becomes an adult.
    For me, children grow up a little too quickly.

    Have a wonderful weekend for two :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An empty house-BLISS !
    I live with husband, 2 big boy sons and 3 boy dogs.
    Just a quiet afternoon would be wonderful!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Lizx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message