My Favourite Decor Books

Monday 13 February 2012

Have cake and eat it!

Hello everyone....did you have a great weekend?


Perhaps it's snowing in your area


Perhaps not....


I've had a very busy weekend....

Because a few weeks back, I had this romantic idea that it would be lovely to have a  Valentine's day afternoon tea with Champagne, lovely cakes and savouries.

But I had forgotten how much one needs to bake and prepare for this kind of thing.
So I spent the entire Saturday in the kitchen baking.






Goat's cheese filled phyllo pastry tarts






These are Lavender cupcakes made with lavender grown in my garden, and then topped with vanilla butter frosting and yes, I did use those 'over the top' baking accessories!













Much quaffing of champagne and eating copious amounts of cake was done by all.


So instead of interiors, I've given you cake!


Happy Valentine's Day!






Sharon
xxx


13 comments:

  1. I'll take cake anytime...it all looks fabulous! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious !!...happy valetine's dat darling...love Ria........xxx....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines Day Sharon!
    I just love this so much,although it is hard work it is just beautiful to see your pictures and to take time to make an afternoon tea with champagne is just beautiful XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Sharon you have been busy, all that baking puts my efforts to shame!
    Thank you for your lovely comments,
    Hope you're enjoying your Valentine's Day
    Essie x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sharon!
    Have a nice Vanentine's night
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, all the preparation seemed to be worth it! It looks Fantastic!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I relaxed into a quiet bliss enjoying every moment!

      Delete
  7. The cakes look almost too good to eat!! Hope you had a lovely afternoon.
    looks like fun.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks way worth all the effort!! looks fabulous!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very happy to be givben cake instead of interiors!! Now if only I could find an actual way to eat it!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you would have a Valentine's party, your dainties look marvelous! I love cake!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments, it was a really lovely afternoon! I might even do it again next year!

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message