My Favourite Decor Books

Monday 6 February 2012

Wall Art

It's Monday...it's the beginning of the week...


I want to make you smile...


just in case you're in the doldrums because it's not snowing in your area (like where I live!)


There are so many things you can do with walls aside from  the obvious such as wallpapering and hanging paintings on them....



(wallquotesdecals.com)




Bring the outside in and attach two plain glasses to a wall
 and frame with a plain wooden photo frame




any spare hooks hanging from the ceiling, or a branch in the garden
















Or go rustic and cut off some branches exactly the same size and frame them in a box frame - use the branches that protrude for hanging coats and other outdoor paraphenalia or leave as is for a beautiful simple statement







Do you have a wall you just don't know what to do with?
It might be in a hall way or a spare room crying out for something different

I've actually done this before, in a home where the hallway which was as big as a small room about 3m x 3m leading to another part of the house and this particular 'room' didn't justify paintings, it was a lost space, until I wrote an entire poem on the wall in freehand....everyone stopped to read it...it was great fun! 
(the beauty is if you get tired of it, you can just paint over it!)

(all photos Pinterest)


Are you smiling yet?

Here's to being creative today!

Sharon
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Super ideas Sharon, thank you!
    Essie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I AM smiling! Like a big, fat, proper smile!! Those flowers in glasses in the frame are GORGEOUS!! What a great idea. I wonder how they're attached to the wall?

    But you had an easy job on the smile-front with me today - it's snowed here too! Yayyyyyy!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, i'm smiling too! i ALWAYS love fresh flowers!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sharon,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. The bee fabric is from Peony and Sage.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I'll go to their website.x

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message